The safety of our exhibitor, patrons and staff is of utmost importance to us. To make sure we comply with the COVID-19 Business Safety requirements, we will be implementing precautions to ensure we provide a safe environment for our community to connect and enjoy a shared experience at Wedding Upmarket.
What we’re doing for everyone’s safety
Conditions of entry
- We recommend you register on our Eventbrite event to help with contact details and download the COVID safe app (both free).
- When attending, you agree to only do so if you are in good health and have not:
– Travelled nationally or internationally in the previous 14 days.
– Have any flu/cold symptoms including a sore throat, fever or cough.
– Have not come into contact with any confirmed cases or possible cases in the previous 14 days.
If you are unwell please do not attend the event.
In the venues + physical distancing
- Signage reminders of appropriate hygiene practices in line with the advice from the Australian Government Department of Health.
- Revised building entry or exit requirements to allow for head counting . Capacity limits inside venues to meet the 2sqm rule. Please follow the signs and directions of staff.
- Outdoor ceremony set up, veranda stalls, food, coffee and lounging space to pursue if there is a wait.
- Live music outside.
- Customers should use common sense and physically distance throughout the event.
- Increased frequency and detail of event cleaning of the venue by professional cleaners.
- Regular cleaning of all high touch surfaces during the event (including door handles, toilet locks, hand rails, switches and buttons).
- Provision of hand sanitiser at the info desk and bathrooms.
- Cleaning of pens and info desk area.
- Cashless transactions encouraged.
Staff and food retailer training
All Key UWA, Wedding Upmarket staff and food retailers all have completed the AHA Hospitality & Tourism COVID-19 Hygiene Course. There will always be at least one staff member accredited as a Hygiene Officer in attendance.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Contact the Australian Government Department of Health Coronavirus Information Line 1800 020 080 or the healthdirect hotline 1800 022 222. You can also visit the Australian Government Department of Health website.
The situation will be closely monitored by Wedding Upmarket and the University of WA and University Theatres. Our highest priority is the safety of our visitors, retailers and staff. Wedding Upmarket is following all Federal and State Government advice and are monitoring the situation to have appropriate measures based on their advice. (Phase 4 WA Covid Safe Plan for 24/10/2020). The event has been registered with The Department of Health and the City of Perth.